cannedSunlight is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
cannedSunlight may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
Lawful basis: Contract
The reason we use this basis: In order to provide a service to you, respond to an enquiry or create a quote we need to collect some personal information about you, your name, email address and telephone number if you want to provide it.
We process your information in the following ways: This personal information is used to provide you with the information you have requested from us, an enquiry or quote.
Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
The reason we use this basis: To provide security for our own website, and to provide you with web design services.
We process your information in the following ways: Your IP address may appear in security logs for a brief period. In order to provide web design services to you we need certain personal information from you.
Data retention period: For website security your IP address may be logged and kept for 7 days or when the file size reaches 250k and is deleted. Web design services – your personal information must be kept on file for legal business reasons for no longer than 6 years.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information about your computer or device including IP address, location, type of browser, operating system and device.
- Tracking information about your visit and use of the website, pages visited, length of visit, referral source.
- Contact information including name, email address, telephone number
- Any information sent to us by email, through our website, including the message content.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- When you fill out the contact form on our website, we require your name and email address in order to respond to your enquiry. This information is mandatory and without it we cannot provide you with our service.
- Blog comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- IP Address and browser information can be used to help keep our website secure. It is possible that this information may be logged temporarily.
- Your visit to the website will be tracked to provide us with usage statistics, but no information is retained that can be personally identifiable.
Third parties that may use your data
- We use Google analytics on this website to track visitor information. This includes your IP address, location, browser type, device type, length of visit. The IP address is anonymized before it is stored in our google account and cannot be personally identifiable to you. You can opt-out of tracking when you first enter out website.
How long is this data kept
- Personal information that we collect in order to provide you with a service, e.g. to answer an enquiry, provide a quote, is kept for as long as is necessary to provide this service, or for as long as the contract between us is valid.
- Personal information provided to us in order to hire our web design services has to be kept for legitimate business legal reasons.
- Any tracking data is stored anonymously and deleted after 14 months.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website has an SSL certificate installed and is served encrypted over https. Any data sent to us over this connection is secure.
The security plugins in use on this website prevent spam robots, and hackers from overloading the website or gaining unauthorised entry. It is possible that on occasion your IP address and browser information may be logged by this system.
The plugins used on this website for this purpose are:
Akismet: Akismet collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use the Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself). This information is used to help detect and prevent spam comments.
Bulletproof Security: there is a 1% chance that your visit could be logged. These logs are not stored in the database but in a file stored securely on the server, which is deleted once it reaches 250k in size. There is no reason for this personal information to be processed or tracked back to you. More information about Bulletproof’s GDPR compliance can be found here: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bps-gdpr-compliance/
Bad Behavior: prevents spam and scrapers from overloading the website. There is a small chance that this plugin will log your IP address and browser information. This is stored in a log file and deleted after 7 days.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. If you decline cookies it is likely that parts of the website will not function correctly, for example shopping carts will not work and in order to use these services you must accept cookies. You are able to decline non-functional third party cookies such as tracking and your visit to the website will be the same as if you had accepted them.
The cookies in use on this website are:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you choose to accept cookies:
Three cookies for google analytics tracking, the first is a persistant cookie (remains in your browser when you leave the website), the second two are session cookies (are deleted a short time after you leave the website):
- _ga : Used to distinguish users. Stores the ClientID, a unique and randomly generated string, so that the user can be associated on future visits, the date of first visit and version of GA cookie. Expires in 2 years.
- _gat : Throttles the number of requests a user does to Google Analytics’s servers. Expires in 1 minute.
- _gt : Stores the ClientID. Expires in 24 hours.
Any personally identifiable information such as your IP address, is masked (anonymized) before it is sent to google.
There is also a cookie to store your cookie preferences for one month once you accept or opt-out of the tracking cookies:
- cookie_notice_accepted : stores your cookie preference for tracking cookies, stays in your browser for one month before expiring, this means you won’t need to click the choice button on subsequent visits to the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not fill in any forms on our website asking for personal information.
- You can ask us at any time to remove any personal information we hold about you, apart from information we must legally retain, for example for legitimate legal business reasons. Please email your request to email@example.com.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection legislation. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Or provide you with a copy of this information.