Who we are
Who are we indeed? Well, we are Nicola Hastings and Paul Anning, two web designers with a wealth of experience in building websites. Nicola started cannedSunlight in 2005 after she finished university gaining a BA(Hons) degree in Interactive Media Production, and an MA in Interactive Media. Paul joined the team in 2008 and added an extra dimension to cannedSunlight with his creative writing and ideas. Both Paul and Nicola come from a printing background and have spent many years in design and the production area of the media industry. Moving to the internet has been a natural and pretty smooth progression with the ocassional cry of ‘How?” and “Wow!” here-and-there along the way.
Nicola specialises in the technical side of web development, coding and search engine optimisation, with expert skills in project management and planning. Paul has learnt web design on-the-fly and prides himself on creating fully functional websites that conform to the current web standards – he writes in code too, so in some ways he is like a living, breathing machine!
From time to time cannedSunlight may also use experienced freelancers to help on projects where necessary. We often work with Simon Napper, a very talented and award-winning Senior Designer from the UK. He has a keen eye for detail and creates modern, fresh and exciting work. You can view Simon Napper’s own website here.
Where we are
Paul and Nicola relocated to Calpe on the Costa Blanca, Spain in 2010. Being web designers makes it easy to work from anywhere and we currently have customers both in the UK and in Spain.
We serve local businesses and individuals in Denia, Javea, Moraira, Jalon, Calpe and surrounding areas and are happy to meet you to discuss your requirements. We can also communicate via email, skype or whatsapp for those customers further afield and a face-to-face meeting is not always necessary.
Why choose cannedSunlight web designers
cannedSunlight web designers specialise in setting up small business websites and brochure sites for individuals and small companies, however larger projects are considered. We have experience in building and creating ecommerce shops, small property websites and membership websites. Take a look at our portfolio of recent work.
What we can offer you:
- Experienced and knowledgable staff available to discuss your website initially and advise you on the path you need to take.
- Purchase of Domain names and hosting set up for your website, on your behalf. Meaning that you own the domain name and hosting account and take control of it at the website handover time.
- All prices include initial SEO (search engine optimisation) for your website.
- Google analytics, and search console integration for your website.
- Social media integration with your website. (Sharing tools and links to your own social media accounts).
- Consultation service available if you have set up your own website and simply require advice or a little help.
- Online shops – creation and set up.
- Property websites – creation and setup.
- Fully customisable service to suit your needs.
- Virtual Assistant services: e.g. adding content (products for shops, properties, blog posts, news etc), copyright free image sourcing or creation, email newsletters.